Monday, February 22, 2010

World's Healthiest Foods

Lately I've been very interested to know what nutrients I'm getting from the foods I eat. Actually, I can thank Dr. Oz for this and my desire for a healthier lifestyle overall. But anyway, my Web searches eventually led me to this wonderful resource: the World's Healthiest Foods (http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php).

It lists what The George Mateljan Foundation believe to be the best 130 foods for good health, based on numerous scientific studies which are identified throughout its many informative pages. For easy searching on the list, food items are grouped according to type, such as vegetables, seafood and beans. Then, each item has a link to another page with a slew of information about health benefits, nutritional profile, history of its origin, how to select and store and much more. If you are interested in the potential power of food to prevent disease, this is the resource for you!

Check it out sometime to discover more about your favorite foods and others you don't know much about!

No comments:

Post a Comment