Friday, July 24, 2009

Blueberry, Cream Cheese & Fluff French Toast

If you're like me, you pick through a box of blueberries, eating all the big ones first. Then you're left with a whole bunch of little ones that don't taste nearly as good as their larger counterparts. So, I simmer these little ones with a little apple juice and sugar until thickened/reduced to make a blueberry sauce that I keep around for when some dish needs a little seasonal sweetness. I also like to make a fruit dip for guests in the summertime that's one part cream cheese to one part marshmallow Fluff for strawberries, peaches and other hearty fruits. When I have a little of both the blueberry sauce and cream cheese/Fluff mixture left in the fridge, I cook up some whole grain french toast topped with the combination of both. The sweet-meets-savory concoction is a decadent treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment